Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wikipedia-10 in Tokyo

It's been three days that I posted my name as the organizer for Wikipedia-10. I have received an overwhelming response from people of diverse backgrounds. The next task is to chalk out a plan and create an agenda so that event is organized successfully.

Here are the details (Edited: January 24th, 2011)
Sat., Feb. 5th – Wikipedia 10 year anniversary party
Wikipedia 10 in Tokyo -- the opportunity to celebrate, share and connect with diverse Wikipedians
http://ten.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://ten.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo

Where: The Pink Cow, Shibuya (
http://www.thepinkcow.com/, map:http://gmap.jp/shop-912.html?&uid=197621)
What to expect: discussions, interactions, entertainment and music

Discussion topics*
1. Wikipedia: a product of human altruism (Introductory remarks)
2. The Human aspect of Wikipedia -- how everyone can contribute
3. The past and the future -- more innovations to expect!

* There may some change or inclusion of more interesting topics Speakers and suggestions are welcome! If you would like to present something please mail to: Vijay Sachdeva vijaysachdeva@gmail.com

If you can’t make the event we will be streaming and recording it online!
http://www.ustream.tv/user/thepinkcow
From 3-5pm Entry fee: ¥1500 includes light food and one drink. Please rsvp to cowmail@thepinkcow.com

==================================
Wikipedia 10 in Tokyo: さまざまなウィキペデイアンと祝う、共有、結び付ける機会

日程: 2011年2月 午後3時ー5時

場所: The Pink Cow 渋谷 (
http://www.thepinkcow.com)

地図はこちら 
http://gmap.jp/shop-912.html?&uid=197621

参加料: 1,500円 / 人

イベント内容: ディスカッション、インタラクション、エンターテインメント&音楽

これも楽しい: 軽食 + 飲料 + WiFi 

イベントを 
http://www.ustream.tv/user/thepinkcow でライブストリーミングされます。

ディスカッショントピックはこちら*:

1. Wikipedia: a product of human altruism (Introductory remarks)

2. The Human aspect of Wikipedia -- how everyone can contribute

3. The past and the future -- more innovations to expect!


* 上記記載されている内容にはもっと楽しみ内容イベントの変更或いは追加可能性があります。(スピーカーたち&提案をどうぞ)


友達とも是非来てください。必要な準備をするためにご出席の確認は 2月1日までに
cowmail@thepinkcow.com>までお願いいたします。

===============================

10 comments:

Vijay said...

We have profiles from 7 Nations by today and it's an indicator that this is gonna be an interesting event where we will meet people from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds. Please come forward and comment and give your ideas and suggestion about this exciting get together!
-Vijay

Anonymous said...

Is it necessary to publish personal details of expected participants?

Vijay said...

@Anonymous -- No..not at all..I have taken due care that email ids of people are not published. The motive to publish the details I have put in is to make everyone aware of the variety of people to expect at the event. If anyone above has an iota of concern about her/his name being published, just email me (vijaysachdeva@gmail.com), and I will take out the name immediately.
- Vijay

Anonymous said...

Still no reason to publish identifying first names, surnames and even middle initials.

I always obtain permission *before* I publish anyone's personal details - out of courtesy if nothing else.

Good luck with the meeting, I hope you have fun.

Vijay said...

@Anonymous -- Thanks for the feedback. I would consider you the representative of the majority of people reading this blog. And I do agree that I should have taken the permission. With due apologies to everyone, I have taken out the profile informations.
I would hope that this glitch would not deter you from engaging in the event, if you were planning to attend it. It would be great if we can have your active participation as well as more inputs from you!
-Vijay

Anonymous said...

Cool, no worries... I cannot make it unfortunately, but enjoy!

Peace

Diabla da Freeway said...

Hi! I would like to go to the event too...Where is gonna be?
Thanks.

Vijay said...

@Anonymous -- It's OK. It would have been fun to have you with us!
@DIA-BLA FREEWAY -- Thanks for your interest in the event! I have explored a few options in Kawasaki today. I will explore a few more in Shinjuku and Roppongi in the coming few days. I will update you guys as soon as I finalize a venue for the event -- it will be soon! Please provide me with any suggestion or recommendation about the venue/event. I will be very happy to hear back from you all.
-Vijay

Unknown said...

Hi Vijay
Any Update for the event?

Vijay said...

@Nobu -- I have narrowed down my list to 2 venues now -- the first one in Shibuya and second one in Kawasaki. I will be visiting the Shibuya venue tomorrow and will zero down on one of these. Let me know if you guys have any preferences. I want to create a balance between cost/person and the location, that's why it's taking some time -- please bear with me. I am all ears to suggestions from you guys.
-Vijay